starving for air at idle? [I CHEATED!]

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: starving for air at idle? [I CHEATED!]
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:29:45 -0800
Ok
I took the needle and set it a bit lower with the
top lip of the needle sticking out of the bottom
of the piston just a tiny bit. This will keep the piston from
going all the way down. I know.

Went through the process of adjusting the
fuel air mixture.
Used a small screw driver to only lift the piston less
than a 1/8".
Got it perfect.
Put the air filter back on.
Checked the mixture again.
With the filter on I would push up on the tab
and feel the piston engage and then go  a tiny bit more.

Car ran great. Always came down to a idle perfectly.
Idled with the bonnet down.

It did diesel a tiny bit when turned off and that is because
my needle is probably not letting the piston go all the way down.

I must have the wrong jet.
I have a AN (std) which Frank said is right.
Maybe I need to go with a EB. Are leaner needles
longer or fatter? I'm thinking fatter.

I know that this is not a good fix for my problem.

But the car ran GREAT!