RE: buying gasoline

Subject: RE: buying gasoline
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:04:22 -0700
Cc: <fot@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
> Just a confirmation of what Larry is saying, unfortunately, I can
> vouch for the "shale oil" in Wyoming being the same thing... its
> there, its being pumped, but its expensive....

How expensive ?  Oil Tech claims they can produce a "shale crude" for
$10-$20/barrel...  sounds pretty good compared to $50/barrel for Arabian oil
that then has to be shipped here.
http://www.oil-tech.net/newsrel/nsrlease_march05.html

Pumped ?  My understanding was that oil shale had to be mined ... that it's
about like the kitty litter you sweep up from the shop floor as far as oil
content.

Randall