Re: lifters

To: <KLynch7589@aol.com>, <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: lifters
From: "Jeff Quick" <quicktr4@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:55:27 -0700
Cc: <fot@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
A question for you spit guys. Ive been helping out my friend Tony at his race shop trying to get get some cars ready for our defrost race. he is servicing a G15 ginetta that uses spitfire front suspension. this is a fiberglass body rear engine ( 980cc hillman imp). the complaint is high speed instability VERY twichy at speed. I checked the alignment 1.3 degree neg camber both sides 3.5 caster one side 5.25 caster other side. not adjustable. found some binding in the columb u-joints. Tony has crafted the lower A arms with threaded ball ends.now it is adjustable. we are concerned with the quickness of the steering. The link arms on the knuckle seem very short, much shorter than my tr4. it also has a very small steering wheel 10". My questions are
What are race alignment specs runing sticky avons?
Is there a longer steering arm availible?
What am I overlooking?
Thanks Jeff
----- Original Message ----- From: <KLynch7589@aol.com>