RE: NO LBC - Old Airplane Ride Descision

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, <w.lists@verizon.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NO LBC - Old Airplane Ride Descision
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:40:41 -0500
Cc: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net> j34EgbnM028582
From owner-spridgets at autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-spridgets@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of RBHouston@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:11 PM
To: cfchrist@earthlink.net; w.lists@verizon.net;
spridgets@autox.team.net
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com; triumphs@autox.team.net

I had $350 cash in hand ready to pay for a ride on the "Aluminum
Overcast", a late WWII era B17 (G model I think) while she was on
display at a vintage plane (read Confederate Air Force) show in Arkansas
a few years back.  The $350 wasn't too bad for a full 45-minute ride.
But, there were so many ahead of me that time wouldn't allow.  When my
Dad was in the Seabees in the S. Pacific during WWII, his next younger
brother was training on P38s.  My Uncle sent back a set the silhouette
flash cards for recognizing Allied and Axis aircraft to my Mom to keep
me entertained.  I learned to name them all and to this day can still do
the same for the WWII vintage planes.  I'm still fascinated by that era
of aviation.  If anyone's ever in England (even you Brits on these
lists) please visit Duxford airfield and the American Air Museum on the
premises there....you'll never forget it and it'll likely give you a
warm fuzzy feeling for the folks from that generation.
Jack