Yellow Control Arms

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Yellow Control Arms
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:19:41 -0400
Guys,

     I don`t know about all Spridgets, but on my 1098 Midget, which I got new,
the control arm outer ends were originally yellow. Not the whole arm, only
about 2-3".  If I recall, the yellow was not the "School Bus" sort that`s on
the fan, maybe a little lighter. Maybe not.
    The Midget`s arms are not so visible as the Bug`s, but I always regretted
painting them over (I did that right after it was delivered because rust is
such a problem around here) and have been thinking of trying to strip off the
black to restore that feature.
    One day I might even get around to doing that.
    Also, if you look at some of the black and white photos of fresh cars in
some of the usual books and use your imagination, you might see that the
control arm ends of some the cars are lighter than the rest.
      Sometimes having nothing better to do I worry about that trivia stuff
too.

Bert Shirey.
60 Bugeye/66Midget II