Re: Rebuilding a brake dual master cylinder, 73

To: Monty Love <cmlove@knology.net>
Subject: Re: Rebuilding a brake dual master cylinder, 73
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:50:15 -0400
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Monty,

Below is a email I found from Frank on this subject from a month or so back.

I rebuilt the the master on my '73.  All I had was the rebuild kit and
the Haynes manual.

Greg

Sometimes you have to melt the nylon bushing out.
Try drilling a small hole in it and inserting a screw, then use the
screw to pull out the nylon bushing. If that doesn't work, torch it out ;)
You will need very long needle nose pliers or a long reach JC clip
removal tool to remove the 2nd clip way down inside.
Sometiimes a pair of dental picks works in removing the inner clip.
You also have to drift out a very small roll pin holding the pistons to
a spring. I use a 4d finish nail as a drift.
Getting it apart is tough, putting it back together is a piece of cake.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ