[SU tuning] CO exhaust readings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [SU tuning] CO exhaust readings
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:09:01 -0700
Anyone use a smog machine to tune your SU carbs or at least
see if they are tuned properly?

I tried it on my bugeye with the single SU 1.25 carb.
At idle what is a good CO reading? 2%? 3%?

Anyone done this?

What would a good reading be when you rev up the motor?

I'm tuning the car the usually way with the little plunger but it is nice
to use the smog machine to see if I am close with the mixture.

Mike