Re: Trick

To: soavero@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Trick
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:16:28 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
So....just last Saturday, I was co-driving an SCCA regional rally with Eric
Jones, and he says...."I did a straight cut tranny for this guy in
Illinois....Ron 'Swabby'"....slippery slope, dude!  I'm about to drop a
stock 1275 in the Midget and go to the back of the pack where the racing is
cheap!

JohnD
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as
he loves vegetation.
Source: Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803-1882

Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:14:52 -0700 (PDT)
From Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Trick of the Trade needed

- --- Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right. You know, I saw that rubber plug there and no
> lights went on.

I get to the bolt from underneath (very frequently
until Eric Jones at Riverside Motors built me a
transmission for my race Sprite), but the key is, as
Frank says, to cut the bolt very short.