Re: Austin parted out for now

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Austin parted out for now
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:18:51 EDT
In a message dated 4/8/2005 11:07:12 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
grbyrns@ucdavis.edu writes:

Since I  decided to keep the
car as a driver, I guess I'll just have to take out my  money in trade by
driving the heck out of it for a few years.

Glen  Byrns

As I've stated before, new cars depreciate, and just having almost  any car
costs you at least $2-300 a month, whether it is payments, depreciation,  or
repairs.

If you put $10,000.00 in the car, and use it for a daily driver, and sell  it
in 5 years for $2000.00, you are still way ahead of buying a new one, dollars
 and cents.  Now, you have to like working on them, and maintaining them,
and it helps if you live in CA where an air conditioner is not mandatory for
daily drivers.

Just my  opinion, I could be wrong...

Robert B. Houston
Texan in NM

73  Midget
63 TR4

"A strong body makes the  mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
advise the gun. While this gives  moderate exercise to the body, it gives
boldness, enterprise and independence to  the mind. Games played with the ball,
and
others of that nature, are too violent  for the body and stamp no character on
the mind. Let your gun therefore be your  constant companion of your walks."

--- Thomas Jefferson