Rear Filler/Drain Plug for Rear End

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Filler/Drain Plug for Rear End
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:26:20 -0500
I bought new plugs for the drain and filler holes on the rear end of my 73
Midget from Victoria British and they DONT FIT!!!!

What the heck!!  I didnt order the wrong part because its the only one in
the catalog and they say its for all cars and one size fits ALL!!!!!

Dad burn it!!!!!!  How do these people sleep at night?  I am really
ticked!!!  Its only a few dollars in parts, but now I have to figure out
what size the threads are and go find something to fit it, that wont fall

Does anyone know if these are metric or SAE threads.  The tap and die set I
have doesnt seem to have the right size to fit the plug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It
is between 3/4FN16 and 7/8FN16 threads.

Any one want to bash Vic Brit?????

Monty Love
73 Midget, RWA, in pieces.but making progress