G Tech Report

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: G Tech Report
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:22:22 EDT
Is this some sort of cruel April Fool's joke? Ok, got a 1380, balanced and
blueprinted. Knifed crank. VP-7 cam. Oversized anti-reversion valves. Omega
pistons. 9.8 to 1 compression. Roller rockers. Heads ported per Vizard. Intake
per Vizard. SU carbs per Vizard. MSD ignition and coil. Headers. Dizzy advance
 calibrated. VP 101 fuel. Took her for a ride tonight. Very light wind,
ambient  temp 65 degrees. And I got 37 horsepower? Hell, lawn tractors have
more
than  that. Quarter-mile stats were 19.49 secs at 69.7 mph. Car seems to run
strong,  can beat most anyone off the line. The only questionable variable was
car  weight. I dialed in curb weight plus my paltry weight. Total was 1715 lbs.
What  gives?
Embarassed Mike.