need a 948 crank

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: need a 948 crank
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:49:00 -0700
Hi folks,

The machine shop doing the motor for my Austin A35 just called and told me the
crank is cracked.  I'm now in desperate need of a 948 crank that would be
salvagable at .020 under.  Anyone out there have one they can spare?  Set a
price, add some shipping and let me know.  The only thing left to do was
balance the whole shebang when he discovered the crack.  Now the whole motor
job is stalled.

On the bright side, the body is coming back from the blaster Saturday and
proved to be virtually rust free, joy!
The A35 specific parts from England arrived yesterday and are all correct, and
the spring shop called to say the springs are restored and the suspension is
all powder coated.  Unfortunately, the chromer is backed-up and hasn't started
yet.

Thanks,
Glen Byrns