Re: Kingpin clearance

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kingpin clearance
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:59:11 -0400 reply-type=original
I posted a message about this same problem last week and it was never really
resolved.  One of my kingpins has *no* shims and has a tiny amount of
vertical play.  Adding shims will increase the play.  Does anyone know if
replacement thrust washers are available?   Guess I should ask Peter.  :-)

I also asked about the torque spec for the trunnion retaining nut.  I
finally found it in one of my books - 40 lb. ft.

Rick