Evaporative Loss Questions

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Evaporative Loss Questions
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:30:39 -0500
I've been working on the smell of fuel in my '74 Midget.  After sorting
through the archives and browsing the web, I've got somewhere to start.  The
PO made some interesting modifications along the way, so I've spent a lot of
time trying to get things back in order.

My first question is about the evaporative loss unit in the trunk.  Bear with
me.  Should that unit in the trunk have gas in it?  Mine isn't mounted to
anything, just laying flat.   And I think it should be mounted one one of the
support brackets somehow.  Second, does anyone know a source for the braided
hoses that connect to it?  One of them leaks gas like a sieve, so that's the
most obvious problem right there.

Thanks for the help.  The weather here in Alabama has been great--perfect
Midget weather.  Hope everyone else is as lucky.

Glenn
'74 Midget
Tuscaloosa, Ala.