Should be the last post on the kingpin issue

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Should be the last post on the kingpin issue
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:36:19 -0500
I slipped a new kingpin into the swivel with no washers, and immediately had a
"locked" kingpin. Inserted one thinner and one thicker shim and had a slightly
too loose kingpin. Juggled different thrust washers and thicknesses of shims
around and think I have the desired feel, mainly no vertical play and just a
little drag. I'll have Peter look at them tomorrow. I really wanted the
original look of the castle nut, but not meant to be I guess.
Dan G