Re: Cursed, was Re: Spridget wanted.. rant..

To: "R. Glenn Cummins" <robert.g.cummins@ua.edu>
Subject: Re: Cursed, was Re: Spridget wanted.. rant..
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:57:49 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
R. Glenn Cummins wrote:
 >  Anyone on the list
> had their hood fly open at 60 mph?

Mine flew up at 45 mph. On the way home from college.
Instantly blinding me on the road.
I made my way to the side safely.
At the time, I removed the bonnet from the car, turned it upside down on
the grass, jumped on it a few times and it looked good as new.
My cowl bent too. I managed to pop most of it out with a hammer.
I didn't know about dollys back when I was 18.
Remove the dash, remove the windshield, tap it back.
I never broke my windshield either, and my bonnet just about bent over
the windshield.
At the time, for my age, I thought the repairs were quite effective.
No money out of pocket, and just a few hours work.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ