RE: Optima

To: "'Robert Duquette'" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: Optima
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 13:30:50 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have been using the red top Optima ever since I won one 10 years ago in a
radio contest. It has been in my El Camino the whole time and I have never
even cleaned the connections.  I now have 3 installed and am getting my 4th
this week. I guess you could call me a fan.
                Crash

When it rains . . .

I'm in the market for a battery after push starting my car at noon today.
Optima's site says these are options for the Midget line.

RED25 720 Optima 25O
Height Adapter required;

RED75/35 720 Optima 75DTO
Height Adapter required

Does anyone have an informed opinion on this?

From http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/optima.htm
The Red Top is designed for general automotive use. The Yellow Top is a
"deep cycle" battery for special applications where the battery is subjected
to extended power drain or harsh vibration. Off-roading and using a winch
are the examples given in the Optima literature. The Blue Top covers marine
applications

Thanks!
RobertD