Back to work!! j41052kf021310

To: midget-sprite <midgetsprites@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Back to work!! j41052kf021310
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:03:58 -0500
Okay. Enough slacking off around here.  Time to get back to work
answering my stupid newbie questions!

Today I finally had some time to get back to work on the clutch kit
for my 1968 Midget. I got the slave cylinder off (after much swearing
at the dolt who engineered THAT arrangement) and started to take off
the old, leaky master cylinder. The 1/2 inch bolt on the top of the
master cylinder housing came off quickly as did the brake line fitting
and the pedal. Now I have the second (lower) 1/2 bolt to take off in
order to remove the master cylinder. I can't get a combo
wrench on either the bolt head or the nut. I can't get a socket on
either the bolt head or the nut. What the heck am I doing wrong here??
Is there some kind of special 1/2 inch very thin walled socket that
will allow one to get at the nut on the inside of the pedal box?  Are
there
special British curse words required in order to loosen this bolt?
I've tried all the yankee curses I know and nothing seems to help. Am
I going to have to take the whole pedal box out of the car in order to
undo this one stupid bolt?

As a suitable reward for the best answer to these questions, I will
consume a 20 oz pint of
my latest keg of home brew Scottish Ale in your honor. Who could ask for more?!

Cheers!!
Jim - fidgeting with the Midget in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget