Re: Back to work!!

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Back to work!!
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:22:12 -0400
Cc: midget-sprite <midgetsprites@yahoogroups.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jim Johnson wrote:

> Okay. Enough slacking off around here.  Time to get back to work
> answering my stupid newbie questions!

> Now I have the second (lower) 1/2 bolt to take off in
> order to remove the master cylinder.

So you found the OTHER near impossible bolt along with the slave cyl bolt?
No fun, but do-able with all your 1/2" wrenches.
If you have a 1/4" drive set, use it. I forget if you use the deep well
or the short with an extension, but with those, a 3/8 drive socket, and
nine open ends and box wrenches, you WILL find the right wrench ;)
And to FIX it (make it BETTER) you need a welder. And a set of coarse
thread nuts and bolts help too.
I weld the nuts to the pedal box, this way you just unscrew the bolts
from behind and it takes about 30 seconds to pop out the masters the
next time.

Now for the fix on that slave bolt, go get a short 3/8 x 16 bolt or cut
down the original so it comes out with a lot less time NEXT time.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ