WAS: Off List NOW: Robert B

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: WAS: Off List NOW: Robert B
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 09:49:58 -0700
I would like to let him know we consider him a friend and are thinking of
him and his family in this time of loss.
However, I'm not sure a monetary gift does that.  If someone could find out
what happened, there may be some related charity to which a group
contribution could be made in memoriam.

If I may make a suggestion:  Perhaps someone has the ability to scout out
what happened in San Antonio (any cops on the list?-- they usually have an
inside track to their colleagues in other cities), then we can organize a
group effort that has some relevance.

If we can't find out anything defintive by Friday, how about we each send a
condolence card identifying ourselves as from the Spridget list.  I know
when my folks died last year, it meant something to me to get a card from
people I had lost touch with in my hometown 800 miles away who saw the
obituary in their paper. Sure, he'll just toss them out.  But he'll know we
took the time to remember him in his time of grieving.

JohnD

To repeat his address:
Robert B. Houston Family
5770 Sandpiper
Santa Teresa, NM 88008

Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 18:08:53 -0500
From Brad Fornal <toyman at digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Off List

That is indeed his address. At this point, I believe all the family is in
San
Antonio, where the accident happened. Perhaps we can show our support by
putting
something together for her family, and sending it to Robert as a lump sum.
Anyone know how we could do this, either via paypal, or those that don't
believe
in paypal, send funds to be collected by some other means. Certainly we have
an
accountant on this list.

Brad

If there is any interest, if I hear about where the services will be held,
and
some of you that want to send flowers, I can pass along anything I hear
about.
IF I hear about it.