Re: Off List NOW: Robert B

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Off List NOW: Robert B
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 13:34:54 -0500
Cc: Biff <biffjones@erols.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net mailadmin version=2.63-hctc_w9f4wgtp
Hello Everyone,

         Some of you know me, and some of the newer members don't, but
Robert and his family, and ours, have been friends since we first met on
the Spridget list many, many moons ago.  I spoke with him yesterday, and I
must echo Brad's sentiments.

         I know that, as of yesterday afternoon, they hadn't made any plans
at all, too much shock after a tragic accident.

         I'd like to suggest that I talk to him again, and sound him out
about the whole thing.  I know that he will appreciate all of your good
thoughts and prayers.  Let me know if you want me to ask him.

Elizabeth

At 12:54 02/05/05, Brad Fornal wrote:
>Biff wrote:
>
> > Robert B. Houston Family
> > 5770 Sandpiper Drive
> > Santa Teresa, NM 88008
> >
> > Brad,  If you can find anything about the services or a charity
> donation that
> > would be helpful for either a donation or flowers.
>
>I agree with Biff at this point, please, send a card, let Robert know how much
>you care. And how much he and his family means to our little group.
>I have had several private emails asking what happened. Although I understand
>many of the reasons for the emails, please understand and accept what I
>want to
>say. I know "some" of what happened, not all. To me, to repeat what little
>bits I
>know, just seems, ghoulish. I don't want to trivialize anyone's concern, I
>know
>almost all of us care about what happened, but I don't want half a story
>to end
>up twisted, and a tragedy in the life of a personal friend of mine all
>over the
>web, half assed. Please understand and accept this. I am hoping that I will be
>able to get advance information about the service, and I will share that
>with the
>list for those that may wish to send something as well.
>I know that many times, tragedies of this sort can be dehabilitating
>financially.
>I know that Robert's daughter was young, and often, this type of thing isn't
>prepared for. Whatever savings a family might have,  it could be drained
>quickly,
>just to cover basic funeral needs and costs. I don't know what their situation
>is/was, but worse case, I felt that some funds to the husband and children
>would
>more likely than not, be very appreciated. I have read how many don't feel
>that
>is appropriate. I am too far away to go cook a meal, clean the house,
>watch the
>kids, or offer any other similar type of help. So, if sending funds isn't
>proper,
>please set this southern redneck on the correct course of action. I don't need
>some personal recognition over whatever it is that we do, but it is
>important to
>me that Robert knows that the internet friends he has made over the years,
>care
>enough to do SOMETHING.
>So please, let's talk about what this something should be. IF indeed it
>turns out
>to be that funds are the final decision, Ed has offered to put up a
>donation spot
>on his site, for us to use. Please, someone on the triumph list, pass this
>along
>to them.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Brad Fornal

Fisher or Elizabeth Jones
Comfort, TX

"A Gentleman does not motor about after dark."  Joseph Lucas, 1923