Re: Bleeding the Clutch Hydraulics

Subject: Re: Bleeding the Clutch Hydraulics
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 23:25:33 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midget-sprite <midgetsprites@yahoogroups.com>
Well, you've all exposed my ignorant fanny in public. Air rises.
That's just too bloody obvious, isn't it.  Think I'll go sit in the
corner and suck my thumb for an hour or so.

Seriously, thanks for the good information. I'll give it another shot
tomorrow with greased threads and not using the dandy little 90 degree
angle nipples that come with the Mityvac. If that fails I think I'll
try opening the bleeder valve and injecting some DOT3 into the system
from the fitting on the master cylinder, then close it all up again
and try the mityvac once more. If no luck there, I'll try the drip
method. So far as I can tell right now the only place there is any
fluid is in the master cylinder reservoir and that level never changes
no matter
how much I pump the pedal.

Thanks again to all for the help. I knew this group was good for more
than just idle humor....

Cheers!!
Jim - with DOT3 on his sneaker in Dodge City

--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget