Dryer Problems

To: yup1275@earthlink.net
Subject: Dryer Problems
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 06:54:06 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
David,

Hey now maybe I can help you out. Problem is likely to be a bad overtemp
sensor. There will be a sensor about the size of a quarter with two lug
mounting ears that will be located on the exhaust port of the dryer. There's
another sensor in there as well but likely the overtemp sensor. $10-12 to
replace at your washer / dryer parts store. You can test by bypassing sensor
and see if dryer heats up.

My Whirlpool has access from the top and the back. I think I got at this sensor
by taking off a back access panel. Washers lift up at the front, some have set
screws and then removing set screws allows the top to scoot forward or backward
and then totally lift off. Search on Internet under washer / dryer home
handyman stuff and you'll find lots of examples on how these things come apart.

Roll Bar is installed finally. Still working on wind blocker. I'll send pics
when done. Need to get upholstery shop to modify my tonneau cover to fit
properly. Take care and hope this helps.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH

Yahoo! Mail