Re: Water in oil, and oil in water

To: spritenut@exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water in oil, and oil in water
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:34:32 EDT
Hi Frank,

As far as block/head sealing goes anything that works on a 1275 Spridget
should work on any 1275 Mini including the A+.  Have you given David Anton at
APT
a ring to see what he recommends by way of head gaskets that work - he
probably builds as many Mini engines as Spridget.  I don't know that the Mini
racers
over here use for head gaskets - maybe Metro Turbo?

I don't have a Mini/Metro engine but if you bring me a 1275 Spridget block
and crank (forget the rest) as hand luggage we can spend a day at a breakers
yard to get you a Mini/Metro for a straight swap (check in hand baggage) - you
could give the kid the bill or bring him with you (one spare bed so he sleeps
on
the floor in a sleeping bag)!.  One of the airlines flies into Birmingham BHX
direct from the states which can save expensive internal travel connections.

Regards

Daniel