Project

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Project
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 05:47:12 EDT
My '79 is in the shop awaiting an engine/tranny pull.  I finished
disconnecting everything and removing all the connectors yesterday.  All I have
to do now
is position the cherrypicker over it, hook up the levelor, and pull the
engine/tranny out.  I have been working on overhauling a transmission for the
1500--had one about finished then found that it had the wrong Laygear/reverse
idler
gear combination, so I am going to have to pull the existing tranny, take it
apart, and reinstall the proper, MESHING laygear/reverse idler combination,
and put it all back together.  And stop that nagging guzzling leak from the
center gasket in the current tranny.

While the engine is out, I will pressure clean everything and work on a
couple of engine leaks before reinstalling everything.  At the rate I am going
it
should be somewhere around 2010 when I get it finished.  <G>

--David C.