Brit Fuses ??

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brit Fuses ??
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:50:05 -0500 reply-type=original
Dave is right, an AMP is an AMP no matter where you are.  I think the
confusion comes from the AMP rating of fuses.  I believe that the Brits
rated fuses with a different "blow" rating. ( I will get in trouble for that
phrase)  A Brit fuse with a 25 AMP rating might blow at 25% over it's
current rating and a US fuse might blow at 10% over it's current rating.
Something like that anyway.  I just stick a 35 Amp fuse in place of the 25
and have never let the smoke out of the wires.

Mark
Nashville