Re: [Fwd: Re: I need some help]

To: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: I need some help]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 21:15:17 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On May 18, 2005, at 3:19 PM, <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com> wrote:

> Hey Kevin - the Herald has a TR engine, not a 948. If my memory serves
> me, it was an 1193cc (1200) Spitfire engine with a different induction
> system. I remember because I had one too. It had bad muffler bearings,
> the gozinta bolts were broken or missing, the rubrulator valve was
> sticky and the shift-shaft return spring was weak but I got it for
> $100!

Kent,

Mine was a 1959 Sedan (I also had a station wagon)  The displacement
was less than 1000cc but you are correct - it was not a 948. It could
have even been an 850cc...  I just don't remember.  I do remember that
it had no bolts on the front motor mounts... the front of the engine
just sat on 2 rubber pads ;)

Kevin