Re: Fw: help again parts are here but.....

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: help again parts are here but.....
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 06:33:30 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> Actually I would disagree with that, dielectric grease is to make a good
> electrical connection, it doesn't "seal" anything, not exactly what I
> would
> want leaking out and making contact with the other wires.

Crash,
You might want to do a little more research. Dielectric grease DOES seal out
moisture and it will NOT short stuff out. Here is part of one blurb:

The protective barrier of AGS Dielectric Sil-Glyde Connector-Protector
compound is superior to external wraps, tapes, acrylics, and aerosol
silicone oils because a solid film barrier is directly applied to both the
male and female mating surfaces of the connection to lock out moisture and
corrosion. Using dielectric grease on electrical connectors helps prevent
corrosion and increases reliability.
Prevents Electrical Failures From Moisture And Corrosion
Waterproofs
Seals
Insulates
Protects Bulbs, Sockets and Trailer Plugs

Perfect for the suggested application as well as for bullet connectors, bulb
sockets, inside of Lucas switches, etc. As a matter of fact, my GTi VR6 was
having trouble arcing at the "non-coil" whenever it was damp out. I pulled
the high tension wires at that end, sealed them with dielectric grease and
have not had it skip a beat since.
David Lieb
1972 Midget
2002 GTi