Completely Original Bugeye for Sale

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Completely Original Bugeye for Sale
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:38:00 EDT
Someone on the Big Healey list may have forwarded to this list the following
info -- if so, sorry for bothering the group but, in a nutshell, I'm helping a
friend find a new owner for the 1960 Bugeye Sprite my friend has owned since
new. It is registered and running (actually starts easily, and drives well, if
you don't mind the worn-out seats). He has maintained it carefully over the
years, but more recently the interior has deteriorated big-time and the
original paint job is now showing some light surface rust. (Car is an honest
--always
registered--California/Arizona car, which accounts both for the excellent
body and panels condition, and the deteriorated interior). Would make an easy
restoration for someone wanted to bring a Bugeye Sprite back to original specs
and condition.
I'd be happy to make pictures available to anyone with a serious interest,
and discuss a reasonable selling price. Noting that a Bugeye in original
restored condition sold at Barrett-Jackson last January for $25,000, if I
subtract
out the cost of new rubber and gaskets, a new interior, and a good paint job
from that amount, one could pay a pretty good amount and still be above water
on
a restoration on this car.
Please contact me if this car is of any interest.
Regards,
Gary Anderson