No longer a virgin - no LBC 2005.5.19.34 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHARSET_QUOT

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: No longer a virgin - no LBC 2005.5.19.34 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHARSET_QUOTED 0, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN 0, __FRAUD_419_BADTHINGS 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HAS_X_MAILER 0, __MIME_VERSION 0, __PORN_PHRASE_15_0 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 21:04:21 -0400
Don't get your hopes up. It's not what you were thinking.

After 40 years of driving I was involved in my first automobile accident
today. A very old, Old, OLD guy in an Olds (what else!) decided to make a
left hand turn in front of me at an intersection 80 miles in to what was to
have been a 440 mile trip. My Eagle Talon tsi sustained a fair amount of $
damage (it doesn't take much damage) , but I was able to turn around and
drive it home. The intercooler was the only critical component that was
damaged, but it was just crunched - not ruptured. A State trooper was close
behind the old guy and thought there was a chance he caught the accident on
video.

I had a boss at a ready mix business who said he could close his eyes and
hear the crunch of metal from the accidents he had been in over the years.
I suspect many of you can too - especially you racers. It is a sound you
don't forget.

My wife and I are fine. I think the old guy is too, but his car was
totaled. It was fortunate that he didn't have a passenger because I
occupied much of that real estate in his car during the accident. I suspect
there would have been some head injuries. Michigan is a no-fault insurance
state so I'll see how that works out.

(I suspect some of you guys almost broke your mouse button finger in the
rush to open this message.) <G>

Tim Collins
Dollar Bay, MI
1966 AH Sprite