What's a Bugeye Worth

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: What's a Bugeye Worth
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:56:51 EDT
Thanks to everyone on the list for their opinions of what a Bugeye is worth.
Based on your comments, I think my advice to my friend will be as follows:

If you want to see the car go to someone who will restore it with sympathy
and love, keep it original, and see that it gets displayed at British car
meets,
then sell it to someone who sincerely wants to restore a Bugeye for their own
satisfaction and future enjoyment. However, don't expect to get more than
$8,000 for it. (Oh, and by the way, sell the Judson supercharger separately on
e-bay for the $800 to $1000 you can get for it by itself, because it doesn't
seem to factor into the equation for these Bugeye fans).

On the other hand, if you want to maximize your return, then do the
restoration yourself (since you're a competent restorer). Be sure to pick a
saleable
color scheme that will look good under the auction lights, then sell it
yourself
at Barrett-Jackson or RM and pocket the $8-10,000 or so net profit you should
be able to make after expenses as return for your work.

Does that pretty much represent the conventional wisdom?

Cheers
Gary