RE: Door Latch Question

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Door Latch Question
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 16:12:08 -0600
AN update.

The locking mechanism (the part that attaches to the door and moves forward
and back to lock the door) is too close to the inside of the door.  The lock
"switch" on the inside of the door has a picot post that the lock switch
pivots on that is tight against this.  On the passenger door, it is further
back (towards the outside of the car) a little more than 1/8", and does not
bind (however, the lock mechanism does not move at all).

Is the lock mechanism on the inside of the door adjustable, and/or does
anyone have pictures?

Bob
'75 Midget