Sprite badge

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite badge
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:57:09 EDT
Hi List,

My Sprite is a HAN9 which should have a winged Sprite badge on the bonnet but
having had the badge vandalised twice over the years and with a generic new
heritage bonnet a few years back (read NO badge slots) I've run the car with no
exterior badging for a while.  The boot has no badge either as the Chrome
Sprite badge was a rust trap.

So, for some time I've been after a NLA grille badge and badge plinth for the
HAN10 car.  My car is a late 69 so even though it's been modified it comes
close enough to HAN10.

The badge and plinth is pretty rare with the plinths used for about 2 and
half years and the badge for 2 years (approx 6 months of Austin Sprites).

Finally it looks like I've found a s/h plinth and badge but the badge is not
in that good a condition.  SO, do any of the earlier round Austin Healey
Sprite badges come close to fitting with modification?  Or does anyone have a
NOS
badge or plinth going spare for sale?

Thanks

Daniel