Re: Help please

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help please
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:30:35 -0400
hmmm,
Looks like what you have there is possibly a Deep Pink Mk II Sprite.
(Quite rare if you can deal with driving a pink car.)

What does it say on the title? It should indicate the year as something
like 1962, 1963 and the Vin should begin with HAN6 or HAN7. The doors
are correct for a Mk II, but you have trim pieces/doors from a HAN6 on
the left and an HAN7 on the right.The right door is probably replaced
since it is white.

Carbs are from another car. Originals were HS2's, quite a bit smaller.
The alternator is also from an American car. Not a problem if it works.
I don't know where the thermostat housing is from, but again, not a problem.

Steering wheel is original but it appear that you have a Triumph horn
button. Not a problem except that most Spridget owners don't care for
Triumphs. (Just kidding.)

The seats are from a 70's Midget. If the wire wheel setup is factory,
that's pretty rare. Most likely it is just from a later car. Maybe the
same one the seats came out of. The radiator is correct for the car and
is a downflow.

As for selling it, I would sell it as a complete car. For all I know the
bonnet could be desirable and drive the value of the car. Might be a
decent candidate for a driver or a resto. Post more pics of the
underside, etc. and the experts on the list will provide more info, I'm
sure.

--

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct