Re: Thread Sealant (Sorry Jay)

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>, "'Spridget'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thread Sealant (Sorry Jay)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:26:32 -0500
From "Ron Soave" <soavero at yahoo.com>

PTFE melts in fuel, good for all else.

--- Duncan Sinclair <duncan@pondhop.com> wrote:
> Either PTFE tape or Loctite thread sealant (can't

Ron Soave

*****************************

Ron et al,

They make a PTFE thread seal tape called "Yellow Gas Line" that, as I am
reading it, is for handling "gasoline, petroleum oils, propane, butane,
naptha, benzene, kerosene and natural gas.  It comes packaged just like
regular thread tape except it is in a yellow spool instead of white.  I got
it at Fleet Farm for all you midwesterners.

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
58 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."