Re: bugeye hp question help

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bugeye hp question help
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 16:18:53 -0700 (PDT)
I missed the thread, but a recent data point is my
buddy Jeff  Porasik's .030 over 1275 that is probably
comparable to an FP engine -

1275 .030 over
13:1 compression ratio
LCB header
1.5" SUs with prepped manifold
Head ported by West Allis machine
1.5 ratio roller rockers
Rimflo valves

He got 89 HP at the wheels, probably 105-110 at the
flywheel.  Dyno he was on is known to be conservative,
his car is as fast in a Grattan straight drag race as
the alleged 130HP Sprites (a lot faster than mine.
Thank God for turns).

--- "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net> wrote:
> Insufficent info for hp, Willy though I bet
> the guys that race Spridgets can provide a pretty
> good ballpark figure for classes
> FP-GP.

Ron Soave

"The older I get, the better I was."