Western alloys dont fit!!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Western alloys dont fit!!
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 10:23:24 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Of course, this is after I bought and mounted the tires. I test fit the
rims without lugs, and they slid on, and looked OK, so I figured I was
fine. After all, the guy I bought these from said they came off a Jensen
Healey, which has a 4 x 4" pattern.

So now I have the correct shouldered lug nuts, and then I install one,
the lug stud 180 degrees opposite it is nearly touching the oval hole.
No way to get the nut over it. Grrr.

On closer inspection, it looks like these rims were originally for a 4 x
4 1/4" pattern, and someone machined the holes oval. There doesn't look
like there's enough meat left between the oval lug holes and the large
center hub to continue machining the holes inward.  Maybe 1/8" is left.

So what cars were 4 x 4 1/4", so when I ebay these the next guy won't
have the same trouble I have?

-=Chris