Was: Engine pull Now: Engine put-back

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Was: Engine pull Now: Engine put-back
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:27:53 -0500
I agree.  Do not confuse doing a clutch at the track with pleasure in the
privacy of your own garage.
When with your mistress, take your time-- you never know when the wife will
put you to painting the front porch.

But like teeth, taking them out is a lot faster than getting them back in.
I think the engine re-install benfits most from previous experience with the
job.  There are all sorts of tricks for getting a flacid driveshaft stub
into the tail-end of somebody's ribcase.  Some of them even leave you with
all five fingers intact.

Now, a question:   There has got to be some way to simplify the
re-attachment of ther radiator to the shrouding on the Spridget.  I want to
devise a way to pull that crap off and put it back on in a away that does
not require a monkey-fingered double-jointed mystic trying to thread little
bolts into wiggling so-called "captive" nuts. It seems to take me as long to
"button things up" as it does to drop the motor back in.

Any ideas from you racers out there?  Originality is not a priority.

JohnD

Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 13:21:44 -0700
From "David Ramsey" <dwramsey at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Engine pull - How Long Is Typical Time Frame For Doing  This?

Once you have done it a couple of times, so you can lay out all your tools
and have exactly what you need when you crawl under or over the car, you can
work on setting records.  First time take it easy and enjoy the experience,
who cares how long it takes, you can lie about that when you are done.
                Crash