Car Painted, Now a Carpet Question

To: "bugeye@yahoogroups.com" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Car Painted, Now a Carpet Question
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 08:16:08 -0700
I got the Bugeye back from the the paint & body shop on Monday afternoon
(yes they were open on Memorial Day). It had been delayed several days
cuz the new manager had fired the painter and hired a new one. They did
an excellent job on the body work and paint job, so I feel a little
better about the cost. Great paint job - just the wrong color!
Definitely not the color & code (brilliant silver metallic, 744) given
to them.  I actually like the new color - kinda a gunmetal (certain
listers should like that) grey metallic. Well, the manager & I are
working on that one.

Now to my question - I purchased a carpet set off Ebay, quality is
decent (not a Heritage quality). The instructions say to remove snaps
off of old carpet and attach to new. However, I never had carpets in
Bugeye or my parts car, so ... no snaps. Looking for suggestions before
going to 'usual suspects'. Should I just 1) spray adhesive? -remember -
SoCal so rain is not major issue, 2) use screws & collars similar to
those on the interior panels? 3) go to local hardware store for snaps -
I've seen some there that looked right? How hard are snaps to install?
I've got nothing to compare. Car is nice daily driver - not concourse.

I've got a little while to decide because I'm not going to re-install
anything in the Bugeye until the paint manager and I come to an
agreement (either I take paint job as-is with a discount, or he
re-paints car correct color). Suggestions, expert or otherwise, welcome.

Thanks,

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA