Possible head trouble

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Possible head trouble
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 22:38:47 -0400
I found that I have a severe oil leak in my 1971 Midget 1275. It drips on
the exhaust pipe. Does not leak when idling and brought up to running
temperature, however, the back side (engine side) of the manifold looks like
it has been oil soaked. I'm assuming that it needs to be ran (on the road)
to build enough pressure to leak. When I rebuilt the engine I had the head
checked but I don't know if the machinist checked the block. I'm sure it
wasn't decked. Haven't torn it down yet. Wanted some expert opinion before I
went to the trouble to make sure there wasn't anything that it could be
besides head, head gasket, or worse.