Re: RPM vs MPH question

To: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: RPM vs MPH question
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:47:12 -0500 reply-type=original
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The assumption that the tire will grow is a bit optomistic... sorry guys our
cars aren' that fast...  drive next to anyone on the road and look at their
tires.... they aren't all bulged up like a top fuel car, they traditonally
are radial's... which do in fact have some degree of tire bulge...

the reality is that the altitude from the center of the axle to the ground
is what the differential sees when it's applying our megar HP .... so the
number of revolutions is directly proportional to that altitude...  Twice
that number and you have the tires height in inches that the gears are
applied against... hence.... RPM X tire height in inches divided by the rear
gear ration divided by 336 gives you the MPH.

Check it out.... it works... trust me.... oh nevermind... the check's in the
mail....