Planning for winter homo club activities

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Planning for winter homo club activities
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:28:39 -0500
OK youse guys,

Here at the new world headquarters of Thicko International, I am pondering a
project for some winter fun. Wisconsin winters are long.

I'm looking to build an HO slot car race setup that winches up flat against
the shop wall when not in use. I think it will be a fun exercise in
hillbilly engineering. If any of you have any particularly bright ideas
(yeah, that's a stretch) on accomplishing this, let's hear you ideas. I'm',
thinking about a 2 or 3 sheet of plywood course, and a harbor freight
ratchet handle or cheap electric winch to raise or lower the track, and the
supporting legs will be hinged and use gravity to fall into place, and have
some sort of latching mechanism.

Also, what's the best HO set up these days? Where to buy? What brand? (Yes,
I may have 2 tracks. one "vintage" with old Aurora stuff).

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com

www.thicko.com

image001.jpg]