Full Advance

To: "Team Thicko" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Full Advance
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:27:59 -0500
OK. I am assembling a new race 948. The engine rebuilder suggested 36 degreees
full advance. The engine previously was set at 32 degrees full advance. Kris
Larsen said that his car (my car now) should run at 28 degrees for a long
track, and 30 degrees for a short track. Finally, the number I have seen most
on the web and the list is 34 degrees.

 ??????

I realize that full advance timing is very important. How do I know the right
timing for my engine? I don't want to go the dynometer route.

Thanks in advance.

Bud Pazur

"The Buddha... resides as comfortably in the gears of a...transmission as he
does in the petals of a flower"

- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and  the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance