RE: Blue Air & Bugeye Tires

To: "'PETER SHULL'" <pdx.pete@verizon.net>
Subject: RE: Blue Air & Bugeye Tires
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:24:54 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Stock size would be the 145R13, the 165R13's rubbed in the back on my car. I
run the 155R13 with no problems with rubbing and they look right on the car.
Not to mention they are the size always on sale cheap.  If I recall right
the S stands for Sport.  So for around $100 you should be able to get a good
set of 4 mounted and balanced.  Just don't let them put them on with the air
gun.  If you do about a week later you will find you are missing a lug nut
and there is a little super glue in the hole.
                Crash

Just this evening, as the sun began its descent towards the West Hills of
Portland, Oregon, my neighbors noticed a faint blue tinge in the air around
my
partially-open garage door.

Earlier, in the late afternoon, I'd made a feeble (but totally unsuccessful)
attempt at installing the driveshaft in my newly-acquired BE. Knowing that
I'd
been beaten I opted to divert my attention by engaging in another project,
namely attending to the one perpetually flat tire on the right rear of the
car. Turns out said tire is a rotten, old, weather-checked Michelin X. As in
dead. Useless. Now, the rest of the tires on the car are damn fine looking
Michelin XZX 165 SR 13 and I'm thinking that all I need to do is find one
replacement XZX and there'll be one fine set of tires on the car.

ERRRRRRTTTT. Wrong. Seems they're no longer made. Smaller versions (145SR
13)
can still be had at places like Coker Tire for a lot of money. Larger
versions
(165SR15) can also be had at places like Coker Tire for a lot of money plus
some more money.

Of the 697 or so listings currently on eBay under "Michelin" there are, as
best I can tell, the sum total of zero for anything that remotely resembles
an
XZX.

So, eventually I will need to find one (1 each) Michelin 165SR13 XZX if I
wish
to complete my starter set of BE tires.

Perhaps a more immediate need is a fresh supply of Anglo-Saxon expletives. I
seem to be running out.

Thoughts?