Re: engine balance

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine balance
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:21:36 EDT
I'm not a big expert on this but Dave at www.aptfast.com is.

Rods can be balanced by weight or weight end to end and this is not dynamic
to me because I thought dynamic balancing was the stuff that goes round and
round and not up and down.

For the rods if both end weights are the same I'd also expect the actual
weight to be the same.  If the rod weights are OK I don't see there is a big
deal
in balancing the crank because it spins round while the rods don't.

If they haven't got the rods right how about the rest?

I'll check in a book later unless someone beats me to it about rod and crank
balancing.

Daniel