Re: Tail/Brake lights

To: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tail/Brake lights
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:25:42 -0500 reply-type=response with any abuse report
Have you done a voltage check with the rpm above 2000 (assuming you still
have a generator) to see what the real working voltage is? Regulator could
be out of whack (got some fresh whack for it?) and feeding too much voltage
to it. Housing could be loose and the vibration produced from braking with
the filament on (far-fetched, yes, I know). Even if the bulb were wrong,
unless it is a 6-volt bulb, it would not make that kind of a difference.
Haynes does have a procedure for checking the regulator settings, might be
worth looking at. Just be careful... I know of one bloke who burned out his
fuel pump in the process. Nope, not me, I just happened by in time to see
the smoke coming out of it... a little scary when you think about the fact
that it was full of fuel at the time it was that hot.
David Lieb