Re: Not really LBC but kind of on topic: Books

To: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Subject: Re: Not really LBC but kind of on topic: Books
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:14:11 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I bought a copy of this one at either Hershey or Carlisle a couple of
years ago.

Engine Builder's Handbook
Tom Monroe - Author
http://www.motolit.com/1557882452.html

It has lots of detail about degreeing a cam, as well as explanations of
tolerances as to what they should be and why, how to measure.  Although
aimed at bigger Detroit engines, the basics are here.  I found it very
informative and helpful.

This book on paint and body work is fairly up to date and covers much of
the new materials.  I have this one, too.

Pro Paint & Body: Latest Paint Technology & Body Repair Techniques
http://www.themotorbookstore.com/pro-paint-and-body.html

I also subscribe to Auto Restorer Magazine.  You'll like this one.  No
paid advertising at all.  They do on occasion feature a product they
find helpful, but I get the impression they are rather independent.
There is always in depth articles on various restoration techniques,
including the latest in new paint materials.

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/detail/autorestorer.html