Re: Fuel tank suction line

To: Sprite <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel tank suction line
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:08:07 -0500
The Mayers wrote:

>What is on the end (or suppose to be on the end) of the Bugeye fuel tank
>pickup, inside the tank?  Is there a strainer?  How can I check it for debris?
> Gary - 59 Bugeye

Gary,

There is a nylon (?) or plastic strainer about 1/2"-3/4" in diameter.
To check it you need to drain most of the tank, below the out level
anyway, and drop the tank.  Remove the fuel level sending unit,
carefully holding the inner nut when removing the electrical wire. If
the threaded portion turns it may break the thin resistance wire of the
rheostat....don't ask how I know.   :_(
Look inside with a flashlight or as my Brit friend says a "torch"......
which made me a little nervous until I realized that was Brit speak for
flashlight.

Are you not getting fuel to the carbs?

Dave
59 :{)