true wire wheel axles

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: true wire wheel axles
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:46:20 EDT
       Hello list,---I need to identify the rear axle assembly on my Bugeye.
I am not sure if it is a true wire wheel unit or just one that the PO shoved a
wire wheel axle shaft into. If so, it is my understanding that this shorter
shaft will not fully engage the diff which probably is not too important with
the 948cc but could lead to an unhappy day with a tuned 1275. If anyone has
what they believe to be an original wire wheel assembly could they please
measure
the hand brake rods left and right (hole center-to- hole center) and let me
and the list know the results? Thanks in advance,--Bob C in KS