SWAG Trip to Markleeville

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: SWAG Trip to Markleeville
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 08:31:24 -0700
Hi all,

It has been so hot in the valley of N. CA, that I thought a trip to the high
country should be justified.  Next Saturday the 9th I was thinking of traveling
to Markleeville on the back side of the Sierras.  It is a nice little town
tucked back between Hwy. 4 and Hwy. 88.  Real pretty country.  The passes are
open, still snow at the top.  Lots of snow, so dress warm and in layers because
it will be a tad hot on the way home.  We will cross two passes at above
8,000'.  I hear the flowers are in bloom still in the lower meadows.

We can drive it in one day, and even have time for lunch and dinner at the end
of the day.  Sac valley club used to call this there trans. Sierra drive.  It a
lot of fun and Tahoe is just a skip away.  There is a hot spring, mud baths,
even a town museum and some small eating places too.  So if you are inclined to
go for a drive with the family drop me line and I will send you the rally point.

Great Spridget roads with lots of twisties.  As with all SWAG runs a Spridget
is not required, but a lot more fun.  Bring the family in the ol' truck if you
want.

Wrongway Ricky

Don't worry about the name. There are only two turn offs on the whole road.
How hard can it be.  Just remember the club Motto "Follow me, I know the way".